- You must have a current diagnosis from your primary care healthcare provider. In addition, you must be able to request and access your medical records from your primary healthcare provider’s office and if applicable, physician specialist’s office and any hospital stays where you had surgery or treatment for what you feel is applicable to Medical Marijuana. as well as a current medication list from your pharmacy. By providing this information, Show Me Medical Marijuana (www.showmemedmj.com) will be able to determine if you qualify for the next step of qualification.
- You must live in the State of Missouri and be able to provide documentation to prove residency. Documents that will prove residency include:
a) Copy of a valid Missouri Driver’s License
b) Copy of Missouri Identification Card
c) Copy of current Motor Vehicle Registration
d) Copy of a recent utility bill.
(If you do not have a valid Missouri Driver’s License, the physician’s office requires two other forms of identification with a current picture.)
- Once your medical records have been reviewed and we have proof that you either have qualifying conditions or possible qualifying conditions, we will set up an appointment for you to see our Certified Physician face to face.
Once the doctor determines you can be approved for your qualifying conditions, he/she will fill out the necessary forms for YOU to send to the State of Missouri with a $25.00 application fee with your Patient Registration Form.
- State of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services requires you upload the following items in order to process your application:
a) Proof of Residency
b) A current picture of yourself. Please upload a photo that is SQUARE and properly oriented. Sideways or rectangular photos will be rejected. Also, please ensure that the image is a clear color photo of the applicant’s unobscured face taken within the last three months to reflect the applicant’s current appearance with a plain white or off-white background. The applicant must be directly facing the camera and should have a neutral facial expression or natural smile with both eyes open. Generally, the photo should look like the driver’s license or passport photo. The file may not be digitally enhanced or altered in any way that changes the applicants appearance. Photo’s that do not adhere to these requirements will be rejected.
c) Patient Registration Form and $25 fee
d) Physician Certification Form
e) Caregiver Registration, $25, if applicable and Patient Authorization Form
f) Cultivation $100 fee, if applicable, and description of security, people who have access and their titles (patient, or caregiver) and the number of plants you will have, which needs to correlate with the Statute.
g) Details about how many plants may be grown in one facility and the name and title(s) of the patient and/or caregiver and who may have access to it (19 CSR 30-95.010.)
- Our physician chooses not to certify anyone with a psychiatric diagnosis. This includes the diagnosis of PTSD and all anxiety disorders. If this pertains to you, please schedule an appointment with your personal psychiatrist.
- Our physician chooses not to certify anyone under the age of 18 years old. If this pertains to you, please schedule an appointment with your pediatrician.
- If you have had a felony in the last 5 years and have not completed your probation and parole, or you have had any subsequent criminal offenses, you will not be approved by the State of Missouri.
- If you have a history of alcohol and/or substance abuse, then you will not be certified.